ReviewsNo reviews yet
Rated one of the 10 best wreck dives in the world, the Zenobia in Larnaca is a real treat for every experienced diver.
Zenobia, a Swedish Ro-Ro 172 meters long ferry, sank fully loaded with 104 trailers and trucks, just 1.4 km off the coast of Larnaca on her maiden voyage to Cyprus in 1980. It sank due to a malfunction of the high-tech computerized pump system, fortunately with no casualties. Nowadays, Zenobia shipwreck lies on its port side on a flatbed of sand and rocks, just 16 meters under the water surface. The silhouette of the wreck is visible even from the surface. Both the fairy and the cargo remain completely intact with all the trucks in the wreck or lying on the seabed close by. Zenobia is also home to schools of fish, including grouper, barracuda, and tuna. Visibility is up to 50 meters and water temperatures a comfortable at 16 to 28 °C.
You will need to make your way to the Dive Centre where you will be requested to register and fill up a health questionnaire. All necessary diving equipment will be assembled in the vehicle. Then, you will be transferred to Larnaca Marina to board the dive vessel and cruise to Zenobia Shipwreck diving site.
This one-day diving trip will allow you to take 2 dives to this fascinating wreck. During the first dive to Zenobia Shipwreck you will have the opportunity to dive at a maximum of 30 meters depth and explore the stern, propeller, and rudders, pass by the stern doors and continue over trucks and towards the bridge. The first dive is about 45 minutes. Back on board, relax, and enjoy some light snacks and coffee.
During the second dive, you will see the down anchor line and the deck rail. You will enter the bridge from one of the top windows, descend through the bridge, and exit from one of the front windows at around 30metres depth. Upon exiting, you will continue swimming until the top door of the cafeteria at about 26 meters. You will enter the cafeteria and explore the area, making your way out either from the same door we came in or through the top windows according to air consumption and NDL. The duration of the second dive is about 40 minutes. Hop back on board and enjoy your freshly prepared BBQ lunch (including a soft drink) as you cruise back to Larnaca Marina.
- Diving equipment to fit all sizes
- 2 Dives at this world class wreck
- Dive computer
- Light snacks & coffee between the dives
- Lunch including 1 soft drink after the second dive
- Any additional drinks after the 2nd dive
- Camera Rentals
- Rated one of the top ten wreck dives in the world, the Zenobia is a real treat for the experienced diver
- The marine life in and around the wreck is unique in Cyprus, nowhere else will you get the chance to see grouper, barracuda, tuna, turtle, and triggerfish
- Minimum Age 18 years old.
- This dive program is for Advanced Open Water divers and above.
- Non-divers go as spectators and can go for a swim (no snorkeling equipment available)
Important To Know
- Remember to pack your beach towels, bathing suit, and sun cream
- All participants are required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving; some pre-existing medical conditions (e.g. epilepsy, pneumothorax perforated longs, heart conditions, etc.) may prevent you from diving; please consult your doctor
- All indicated times are approximate and subject to change
- The itinerary of the excursion is subject to change due to weather conditions