ReviewsNo reviews yet
Minthis is a beautiful and challenging course that winds its way past a 12th-century monastery with breath-taking views of the Troodos Mountains and beyond. The 18-hole, Par 72 championship golf course boasts outstanding holes that organically follow the natural undulations of the topography, looping past water features and ancient groves, with hundreds of olive trees, fruit orchards and grapevines.
As part of a Natura 2000 site, nature is an ever-present element and the Golf Club was recently the first in Cyprus to be awarded a GEO Certification, recognising the eco-friendly sustainable approach and commitment to nature, resource conservation and community value.
Designed by legendary golf architect Donald Steel in 1994 and renovated by renowned course designers Mackenzie and Ebert, the course is a flawless example of their philosophy that golf courses should fit in with the terrain, be in keeping with their setting and focus on the details. Famed for their work on many of the British Open Championship courses, Tom Mackenzie and his team have also been instrumental in the recent course development at Minthis. With their expert help, all greens have been rebuilt to conform to the sand-based USGA specification standard and the golf course reopened in spring 2021 with brand new greens, new bunkers and a redesigned layout.
Few places are so tranquil for a friendly game, elevated tees invite everyone to “have a go”, yet narrow tree-lined fairways provide a challenge, with each shot requiring careful assessment. The opening nine holes are the more forgiving half of the course, encircling the historic monastery, vineyards, orchards and olive trees. The back nine holes are all about precision with a wonderful variety of adventures. The newly designed par 5 10th hole is a perfect example of the challenges golfers will face. It may be difficult to concentrate when standing on the dramatically elevated tees because of the picture-perfect views of the Troodos mountains. The ultimate test is the Par 3 15th hole, with its impressive island green.
- Green Fee 18 holes per person
- Hire equipment is subject to additional fees and is payable directly at the Pro Shop
- All hire equipment is subject to availability at the time of booking
- Play golf on the historic grounds of a 12th-century monastery
- Discover the new course layout with spectacular new holes and 18 brand new greens built to full USGA specification standard
- Enjoy panoramic views and savour authentic Cypriot hospitality
- Located in the wine-producing region of Paphos, only 12 minutes from Paphos Town
- All Golfers must hold a valid handicap certificate
- Max. Handicap: Ladies/Men 36
- All golfers need to advise their handicap in the remarks field when checking out and paying for the golf round.
Click the below link to view Minthis Golf terms & conditions.
Important to Know
- Tee times are subject to availability at the time of booking
- Tee times are subject to reconfirmation by Minthis Golf Club and will be communicated via email within 48 hours via our Xplore support team
- Juniors have to be accompanied by an adult
Rules and Etiquette
- All players must be at least 16 years of age. Players under this age have to be accompanied by an adult
- All players must present a current handicap certificate. The maximum handicap for gentlemen and ladies is 36. Players without a handicap are only allowed to play after 11:30 am
- Men will play from the yellow Tees and Ladies from the Red Tees. White/blue Tees may be used but only by prior arrangement with the management
- All players using electric golf carts must be over 18 and have a full or provisional driving license
- Carts are strictly prohibited near Tees or in any area around the Greens. Golf cart use is at own risk
- Should any rental equipment be damaged during use, the cost of repair will be charged to the player
The Following Dress Code Must Be Observed At The Golf Course
- Any clothes made of blue denim material as well as tracksuits and tennis wear are not allowed
- For men, shorts must be at least of Bermuda length (Shorts and trousers must be tailored), socks must be at least of ankle length, and shirts must have collars and long or short sleeves
- For ladies, t-shirts without collars must have sleeves, while shirts with collars may be sleeveless (Trousers and shorts for Ladies, tailored as well. Ladies allowed to wear tailored skirts)
- T-shirts are not allowed
- Players preferably have to wear golf shoes with soft spikes but trainers are also allowed
Players not complying with these rules will be asked to leave the Golf Club without a refund.
Exclusion Of Liability
Entering and moving within Minthis Golf Club Facilities is at your own risk, whether playing golf or accompanying a player or guest. The Owner of Minthis Golf Club and its employees, directors and managers, disclaims any liability for any loss, theft, or damage to any equipment and/or other personal belongings as well as in respect of the death or personal injuries, from any cause whatsoever, sustained by users or any other person in this golf course. As a recreational activity entailing physical exertion, Golfing associates many inherent risks, dangers and hazards arising from the nature of the game itself. The entering, playing and moving in these Golf Facilities shall be deemed to be an unqualified acceptance of the above conditions and declaration of the following:
- That you have the knowledge and clear understanding of the dangers entailed in the use of the Facilities and/or Equipment of the Golf Course and Facilities
- That you participate at your own risk
- That Minthis Golf Club, the Owner, and its employees, volunteers, directors and managers have no liability to you for loss of property, personal injury, disease or death arising from the use of the Facilities and/or Equipment that Minthis Golf Club provides you
Important - COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. Minthis Golf Club is ensuring the incorporation of the latest protocols and guidelines regarding COVID-19 issued by the Ministry of Health.
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability
By entering and moving within Minthis Golf Club Facilities and as concerned COVID-19 pandemic, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk of exposure or infection and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability and death. The attendee understands that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Minthis Golf Club may result from the actions, omissions or negligence of others who may attend the Golf Club. Accordingly, you understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Minthis Golf Club, its employees, agents and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after attending Minthis Golf Club.